The New York DECA Honor Society recognizes students that uphold academic excellence and showcase positive character, leadership, and service through their involvement with New York DECA.
The Honor Society is open to all rostered New York DECA members who meet the following criteria:
- Have been active in New York DECA for at least 3 years
- Have competed at SCC
- Have an overall average of at least 85%*
- Have a Business-subject average of 90%*
- Be currently enrolled in a business/marketing class/program
*An official school transcript is required to verify these items.
Each chapter may nominate up to 5 students. Chapters with membership over 100 students may nominate up to 8 students.
Advisor must provide a copy of the chapter roster, along with a letter of recommendation that verifies the following:
- Positive Character
- Leadership: Evidence by committee chair positions, officer/chair, or other leadership positions in student organizations, civic/community leadership roles, etc.
- Service: Evidence by volunteer activities in the school and/or community
Students meeting the above criteria will be recognized at the State Career Conference.
All supporting documentation must be emailed to Mitchell Beresa at: [email protected]
APPLICATIONS DUE JANUARY 9, 2023